Most people say its crazy to jump out of an airplane, right? Its thousands of feet up in the air, and you have to attach yourself to a random stranger, who pretty much holds your life in their hands. Yet there are a ton of people who do it and they all can’t be insane, right? I became one of those insane people to jump out of an airplane and its one of those things you can’t really explain, you just have to do it. I believe skydiving is one of the best experiences in my life so far and here are the top five reasons why I believe that:
1) Conquer your fears – Jumping out of a plane for the first time is like conquering all of your biggest fears and makes you feel like you can conquer the world. It is such a empowering and rewarding feeling, that you want to do something even bigger next time.
2) Adrenaline Rush – When the plane door first opens and the gust of wind takes your breath away and when you put your foot on that step before you leap out of that plane, that’s when your heart is racing, and that’s when your adrenaline is pumping. This keeps you wired for days waiting for the next rush!
3) Sense of Freedom – Once you jump, all your stress, problems and thoughts go away. You are living in that moment, thousands of feet away from the ground and your everyday life. You are surrounded by the beautiful sky while flying and you feel weightless
4) Peaceful & beautiful – The ride up in the plane shows you the most beautiful views in that area. Although it may be a little scary and nerve wracking, the fresh air and fluffy clouds leave a peacefulness in the air. My favorite part is when you leave the airplane, letting your body fall for minutes, although it doesn’t feel as if you are falling, you feel like you are flying.
5) Equipment and Reliability – With the technology that we have today, the skydiving industry carries the top equipment, which most instructors explain before you even enter the air. This made me feel so much safer when getting in the plane. Although many people have incorrect information about the risks involved, the majority of accidents mainly occur with more-experienced skydivers in high speed induced landings, not because of dis-functioning parachutes.
Overall take a chance and experience something incredible and fun. Create a lifetime memory that you will never forget. I promise you that you wont regret it.
My Skydiving Experience. Yes I wanna go again!